Current:Home > InvestTaylor Swift Meets With Families Affected by Stabbing Attack at Event in England -AssetLink
Taylor Swift Meets With Families Affected by Stabbing Attack at Event in England
Indexbit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 12:23:38
Taylor Swift is spending time with a meaningful group of people.
Weeks after a stabbing attack at an event themed around the Grammy winner’s music in Southport, England, left three children dead and 10 others injured, she made sure to do something special for the families.
During her Eras Tour shows in London on Aug. 15 and 16, Swift visited individuals affected by the tragedy, posing for photos as seen in images shared to social media.
In the wake of the attack, the 34-year-old had shared a message expressing her grief.
“The horror of yesterday’s attack in Southport is washing over me continuously, and I’m just completely in shock…” Swift wrote on her July 30 Instagram Story. “The loss of life and innocence, and the horrendous trauma inflicted on everyone who was there, the families, and first responders.”
She continued, “These were just little kids at a dance class. I am at a complete loss for how to ever convey my sympathies to these families.”
On July 30, local Merseyside police confirmed Bebe King, 6, Elsie Dot Stancombe, 7, and Alice Dasilva Aguiar, 9, had died following the stabbing attack, which had left a number of other adults and children in critical condition.
Days later, it was confirmed that 17-year-old Axel Rudakubana had been the individual arrested in connection to the attack—authorities had previously kept his identity a secret due to his being underage, however following his first appearance in court Aug. 1, during which he did not speak, presiding judge Andrew Menary did not impose any reporting restrictions on his identity.
Rudakubana was charged with three counts of murder, 10 counts of attempted murder and one count of possession of a bladed article in connection to the attack. He has not yet entered a plea, and instead do so on October 25, the current date for his trial preparation hearing. His trial is tentatively scheduled to begin January 20.
During the Aug. 1 hearing, Judge Menary did not set bail, telling Rudakubana, according to Liverpool Echo, "You are remanded into youth accommodation detention until proceedings are completed. I am not granting you bail today."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (1794)
Related
- Sam Taylor
- Secret Service director steps down after assassination attempt against ex-President Trump at rally
- 'Bachelorette' star's ex is telling all on TikTok: What happens when your ex is everywhere
- Widespread Panic reveals guitarist Jimmy Herring diagnosed with tonsil cancer
- 'Meet me at the gate': Watch as widow scatters husband's ashes, BASE jumps into canyon
- George Clooney backs VP Harris, after calling for Biden to withdraw
- It's not just smoking — here's what causes lung cancer
- Pregnant Hailey Bieber Reveals She's Not “Super Close” With Her Family at This Point in Life
- Judge says Mexican ex-official tried to bribe inmates in a bid for new US drug trial
- Who could Kamala Harris pick as her VP? Here are 10 potential running mates
Ranking
- Report: Lauri Markkanen signs 5-year, $238 million extension with Utah Jazz
- Silicon Valley-backed voter plan for a new California city won’t be on the November ballot after all
- Commission says New York judge should be removed over profane rant at graduation party
- Beach Volleyball’s Miles Evans Reveals What He Eats in a Day Ahead of Paris Olympics
- Connie Chiume, South African 'Black Panther' actress, dies at 72
- Israel's Netanyahu in Washington for high-stakes visit as death toll in Gaza war nears 40,000
- Olympic swimmers will be diving into the (dirty) Seine. Would you do it?
- Ivan Cornejo weathers heartbreak on new album 'Mirada': 'Everything is going to be fine'
Recommendation
Vance jokes he’s checking out his future VP plane while overlapping with Harris at Wisconsin airport
Oscar Mayer Wienermobile flips onto its side after crash along suburban Chicago highway
LeBron James named Team USA's male flagbearer for Paris Olympics opening ceremony
Delta faces federal investigation as it scraps hundreds of flights for fifth straight day
Shilo Sanders' bankruptcy case reaches 'impasse' over NIL information for CU star
'Doing what she loved': Skydive pilot killed in plane crash near Niagara Falls
In Washington state, Inslee’s final months aimed at staving off repeal of landmark climate law
‘We were built for this moment': Black women rally around Kamala Harris